In the last issue, we talked about other electrical faults in the photovoltaic system. Next, we will talk about the troubleshooting steps:
- Use a multimeter to conduct continuity test and check whether the fuse of the circuit breaker is blown;
- Use the insulation resistance tester to check the insulation performance of the conductor;
- Determine the source of grounding fault
(1)Remove the positive and negative conductors to ensure that the inverter is isolated from the array;
(2)Close the DC disconnecting device and apply voltage to the conductor;
(3)Measure the voltage between the positive and negative wires to determine the open circuit voltage of the component;
(4)Use the grounding resistance tester to measure the positive grounding and negative grounding respectively. If there is no ground fault, the voltage measured from any wire ground should be 0V.
If there is ground voltage on any wire, check each connection point (DC disconnecting device, combiner box) all the way back to the component. Once a fault is found, replace the wire immediately and keep the test and replacement records.
In addition, there are other electrical faults in the photovoltaic system.
Photovoltaic inverter failure
If the inverter does not produce correct output, it is necessary to check the output voltage, current and power of the inverter with a clamp meter for AC measurement, and compare them with the values recorded during the last inspection. Because the load on the inverter may require too much current, the load can be reduced or a larger converter can be installed.
If the problem still exists, continue to use the clamp table to continue to check for possible faults:
- fuse blown
- circuit breaker trip
In case of power failure, it is necessary to check and repair all grounding faults before starting the frequency converter again. In addition, any voltage problem of the power company may lead to the shutdown of the inverter.
(supplementary note: fluke 393fc photovoltaic clamp meter,
- DC voltage range 1500V, ultra-thin jaw, specially designed for photovoltaic;
- Integrated power measurement function, get twice the result with half the effort;
- Cat III 1500V safety level, which supports real-time data transmission, is widely used in photovoltaic system troubleshooting.
Fluke 1555 high voltage insulation resistance tester,
- 10000v test voltage, professional insulation test;
- Cat III 1000V safety level, wireless control. As a grounding insulation test tool, it is easy to use.
Fluke 1625-2 kit grounding resistance tester,
- supports a variety of methods, professional grounding test;
- Soil resistivity measurement
The above are some common problems and solutions of PV system, you can continue to follow SOLARPARTS to get more useful and easy tips.
Facebook: Shenzhen Solarparts Inc
Email address: Philip@isolarparts.com